Dear Year 2 Parents,
Thank you for completing the booking form. The form is now closed and we cannot accept any additional pupils- sorry.
Please read the information below regarding returning next week.
Due to the number of children who have requested a place we are able to offer a place for each child on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. For the children in 2H this will be during the week beginning 29th June and for 2G the week beginning 6th July. Miss Hill and Miss Gabri will contact you via Marvellous me with additional details.
School will start for all children at 9 am and end at 3.25pm.
· There are separate entrances for each year group. Please ensure you only use the entrance assigned. We ask that Year 2 children enter and leave the site using the gate near the car park in Woden Avenue.
· Please respect our neighbours when dropping off or collecting your child.
Please share the Y2 photomap with your child to help them understand some of the changes that have been put in place. (posted separately in News and Updates)
· Follow the orange spots and arrows to ensure
.2m social distancing whilst on site.
· Please do not stop and chat whilst dropping off or collecting your child (sorry, we appreciate how good it will feel to see old friends)
· When collecting your child at the end of the school day, please maintain the 2m social distancing guidelines.
· If you need to speak to a member of staff, please call the school office and staff will contact you either via email or telephone as soon as possible.
· There is no need to wear school uniform. Trainers, sportswear, clothes are easy to wash after a day in school are ideal. Please do not send children in football strips or designer sportswear.
· Every child will need a named water bottle, which they must take home every day, a lunch box (plastic not fabric) and a healthy snack for the morning break.
· Children do not need to bring any equipment from home, everything they need will be available in school.
· Each group (bubble) will have its own outdoor space, for playtime and lunchtimes.
· The needs of your child are at the centre of our concerns. The curriculum will focus not only on academic study but activities to support wellbeing, including physical activities, forest school and STEM.
· The creation of small bubble groups, should help children to learn and play with friends, whilst providing appropriate social distancing between groups.
· Children will be instructed to wash their hands at appropriate times throughout the school day.
.There will be a member of staff with a Paediatric First Aid qualification on site every day.
· If you child is unwell, or shows any signs of coronavirus; DO NOT send them to school.
· If anyone within your child’s group shows signs of coronavirus whilst in school, they will be isolated until they can be collected from the site. If they then test positive, everyone in their group will be required to self- isolate following Government guidelines.
· Please be assured that the Governors and staff are working together to ensure Wodensfield continues to be a safe place to work and learn.
If you have any questions or concerns please email the school office firstname.lastname@example.org or call between normal school hours 01902 556350 or the class teachers using the year group email.
S. Walker (Mrs)