At Wodensfield Primary School we use the catering services provided by Wolverhampton Local Authority for our school meals. The Catering team consists of Mrs Hayward, (Head Cook) Mrs Kaur, Mrs Tonks and Mrs Watson (Catering Assistants.)
Meet the Team:
Hot meals and vegetarian options are available at a cost of £2.40 per meal. We ask parents who wish to purchase a school meal (Year 3, 4, 5 and 6) to do so in advance by adding credit to the Sims Pay online payment system and informing the school office.
To find out more about our school meals click here.
Free School Meal Eligibility
All children in Reception, Year 1 and 2 are entitled to a free meal on the Universal Infant Free School (UIFSM) scheme. Please click here for more information.
Parents can also apply for free school meals for their child/ren if they are in receipt of certain benefits. For more detailed information about Free School Meals please click here.
Child's Own Sandwich Lunch
· The meal must consist of a savoury main e.g. sandwich, roll, samosi, pasta salad.
· It must be brought in a plastic sandwich box.
· The box must be clearly marked with your child's name.
· In the interests of hygiene, sandwich boxes should be washed at home each day.
· Children requiring water should bring a plastic water bottle. In the case of children bringing squash, this must be brought in a rigid plastic leak-proof container, and stored inside the sandwich box. Hot soup and 'fizzy' drinks should NOT be brought into school.
· Children may take a mixture of packed lunches and school dinners during the week.
· We would ask that you book the days via the school office in advance.
At lunchtime the children are looked after by our team of "dinner ladies". They supervise the children eating cooked lunches in the hall, the children having sandwiches in the classrooms and the children playing on the playgrounds. Our ratio of Ancillary Supervision for children staying on the premises is 1-15 Early Years and 1-30 in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2.
To see a copy of the school dinner menu, which is on a three week rotation, please click here School Menu 2020-2021